Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh how life has changed!




So here's how Anthony made his appearance...

On Sunday night, April 6th, I was having contractions every ten minutes. I didn't get any sleep. Finally, around 4:30 the next morning I called the on call doc and he told me to see how the next hour goes and if the contractions get closer together to head on in to Labor & Delivery (I was scheduled to arrive at L & D around noon for my scheduled c-section at 2:15). We arrived at L & D around 5:30am. My contractions continued to get closer together and I was dilated to 2cm. By 9am I was being prepped for surgery.

At 9:19am on Monday, April 7th, 2008, Chris and I had the shock of our lives....the doc said, "It's a boy!" She even had to look twice to make sure since we had told her we were having a girl. So the next few hours were spent trying to think up a name (we hadn't even considered a boys name...oopsie!) and admiring the 8lb 14.5oz boy who joined our lives that day!

Anthony Tate Doremus was a quiet little bundle and still is. He only makes a noise when he needs to be burped or fed.

Nathan is a very loving and proud big brother. He greets Anthony every morning with a "Good morning Anthony" and it always brings a smile to my face. I think these two are going to grow up being best of buds.




0 comments: